Do You Need Help Getting Child Disability Benefits? Call Our Northwest Arkansas SSI Attorneys Today
At Gallo Curtis & Cazort Law Firm, our Rogers, AR child disability lawyers are committed to providing families with diligent, results-oriented legal representation. If you are struggling to recover child disability benefits, we can help. Do not give up on your rights without a fight. To set up a free, completely confidential initial case evaluation with an experienced Social Security disability attorney, please contact us today.
Is My Child Eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits?
Through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program, families of disabled children may be eligible for benefits. To qualify, a child must be under the age of 18 or under the age of 22 and regularly attending school. As explained by the Social Security Administration (SSA), a disability is defined as a medically determinable impairment that results in severe functional limitations. Some specific child disabilities that are typically covered by the program include:
- Down syndrome;
- Cerebral palsy;
- Complete blindness;
- Complete deafness;
- Muscular dystrophy;
- Very low birth weight; and
- Major intellectual disabilities.
To be clear, there are many other conditions that can also qualify for child disability benefits. If your child has significant functional limitations, SSI benefits may be available.
Beyond a child’s impairment, the SSA will also consider parental income and assets in assessing a child’s eligibility for financial benefits. You may be denied child SSI benefits based on your family’s financial resources.
An Overview of the Child Disability Appeals Process
Unfortunately, in far too many cases, the SSA improperly denies child disability claims. Sadly, this leaves many vulnerable families in Arkansas and Oklahoma without access to the resources that they desperately need. If your child’s disability claim was denied, you have the right to appeal. Here are the four stages of the SSI appeals process:
- You must file a request for reconsideration, during which the SSA will take a fresh look at our application.
- You can appeal an adverse ruling on reconsideration to an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
- You can appeal the ALJ’s unfavorable decision to an Appeals Council.
- You can file a federal lawsuit to seek disability benefits for your child.
How Our Child Disability Attorneys Can Help
If your child’s disability claim was denied, it is crucial that you take quick action to protect your interests and preserve your right to file an appeal. We are here as a resource. When you reach out to our law office, you will speak to an experienced SSI disability lawyer who will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive assessment of your case;
- Explain your legal rights and options for benefits;
- Help organize and prepare all relevant documents and records; and
- Build a well-supported appeal, taking aggressive action to get you and your family the maximum available child disability benefits.
Contact Our Northwest Arkansas Child Disability Lawyers for Immediate Assistance
At Gallo Curtis & Cazort Law Firm, our SSI attorneys have the skills and experience to handle the full range of child disability cases. If your claim for child disability benefits was denied, we are here to help. To arrange a no cost, no obligation review of your claim, please contact our law firm as soon as possible. From our office in Rogers, Arkansas, we serve Fayetteville, Bentonville, Springdale as well as Eastern Oklahoma.